How do I broadcast live video on Workplace?
Change platform:Computer Help
To broadcast a live video in a group or your timeline, you'll start by opening Live Producer:
- Click Write something... in the composer at the top of your News Feed.
- Select a group you want to go live in or click your name to broadcast to your timeline.
- Click next to More options.
- Click Create a broadcast and select Create broadcast to go live instantly.
- Alternatively, you can follow this link to Live Producer.
Create your broadcast
Now that you have Live Producer open, you can start to set up your live broadcast:
- Click Title to add a title to your live broadcast. This title will not be shown to your audience.
- Click Description to give your broadcast an introduction, or leave this field blank.
- Choose to Include a Q&A during the live broadcast. Q&A is only available if you are going live to a group.
- Check that the Choose Where to Broadcast section is showing the correct group. You can change the group from here, or choose to broadcast directly to your own timeline.
- Click Advanced settings, then click next to Auto-Generated Captions to turn on automatic captions for multiple languages or Live Rewind to allow viewers to rewind during the live broadcast.
- Click next to Broadcast with other hosts to go live with multiple hosts. Share the invite link with the people you'd like to broadcast with.
- Click Broadcast now to get started right away or click Broadcast later if you are preparing for a future broadcast.
- If you are scheduling a broadcast for later, you'll have the option to upload a thumbnail image for your broadcast. For best results, use an image with a 1.91:1 ratio.
- Click End Live Video in the bottom left to finish your live broadcast.
Note: you can also go live via external equipment.